Last Revised and Effective Date: January 2023
I. Personal data that we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, such as:
Information about your web browser
- IP address
- Time zone
- Cookies that are installed on your device.
In addition, as you browse the Site, we collect information about:
- The individual web pages or products that you view
- What websites or search terms referred you to the Site
- Information about how you interact with the Site.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Data is also collected via the following technologies:
- Cookies: data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Log files: this tracks actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags and pixels: electronic files that are used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when a purchase is made or you attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, such as:
- Your name
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Payment information (including credit card numbers, CVV, CVC, etc.)
- Email address
- Phone number.
We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
II. How is your personal information used?
Order Information is collected to successfully fulfil any orders that are placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
The Device Information that is collected helps us to:
- Screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- To improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site
- To assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
III. Sharing your personal information
Your Personal Information is shared with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store.
You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about
how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
IV. Behavioural advertising
Your Personal Information is also used to provide you with targeted advertisements or
marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you based on your browsing data.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s
(“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
If you wish to avoid targeted advertising, you may do so by using the links below:
You may also opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
V. Do not track
Please be aware that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
VI. Data retention
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
This site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or a guardian and suspect that your child has provided us with their Personal Information, please contact us to request deletion.
IX. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com